Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag

Today I'm taking on yet another tag :) This time, since it's basically the middle of the year, it's going to be the mid-year book freak out tag. I saw this on jessethereaders booktube, but it was created by Chami from ReadLikeWildFire and Ely from Earl Grey Books.

Questions:

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2017.
I've read a lot of good books so far this year, but I think I'll have to go with It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover or Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Both of these books just left me wanting more, or feeling multiple feelings.


2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2017.

Since Isla and The Happily Ever After doesn't really count as a sequel, I have only read one other sequel - Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs, so I'll have to go with that.


3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.

There are a lot, but three of those are When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon, One of Us is Lying by Karen McManus and We Are Okay by Nina LaCour.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.

Probably There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins (releasing September 26th) or Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart (releasing September 5th), since both of these authors are amazing!

5. Biggest disappointment.

The DUFF by Kody Keplinger. This book just wasn't for me, it wasn't like the movie and I just felt bad reading it.

6. Biggest surprise.

The Stars At Oktober Bend by Glenda Millard, a surprisingly phenomenal book!

7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)

I think I'll say Nicola Yoon for the writing style in Everything, Everything, it made the book a lot more interesting when she included so many diagrams etc.

8. Newest fictional crush.
If I have to choose one from a book I read this year, I'd probably say Josh from Isla and The Happily Ever After, since he was the cutest of the boys in all books I read this year.

9. Newest favourite character.
Since I haven't read a lot of books this year, so far, I'll go with the main character from the latest book I read: Lily Bloom from It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover, because she was such a strong character, really a role-model for me. Another character I was really interested in was Ruth from The Smell of Other People's Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock, because of her weirdly complicated life.

10. Book that made you cry.

I'm not really a person who cries while reading books, but if I was, I'd cry (this year) while reading the following books:
  • It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
  • The Stars At Oktober Bend by Glenda Millard
  • Blood Family by Anne Fine
These books are all very sad in their own way and I loved them so much!

11. Book that made you happy.
For this one I'll go with  a book I re-read this year: To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, it was so cute and just happy in basically every way :)

12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
This year, I both read and saw Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon, and even though neither the book nor the film really met my expectations, I'll have to go with that, since it's the only one I remember right now.

13. Favourite review you've written this year. (Booktube version: Favourite video you have done so far in this year)
Obviously, It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover (since it's the only one so far haha).


14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
I suppose this means book cover so again, I'll go with Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon, Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard or The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them by Mark Salisbury. Their covers are really beautiful.

15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Two books I certainly have to start and finish before this year ends is The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini and The Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. I'm really looking forward to both of these books :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

5 Summer Releases: Most Anticipated Books