Booktube-A-Thon 2017 TBR


Hi, guys! This year I've finally decided to join in on the booktube-a-thon (although I won't be participating in any of the video-challenges since I'm not a booktuber), which is a yearly read-a-thon hosted and created by Ariel Bissett. It will start at midnight (wherever you live) on the 24th of July and end at midnight on the 30th of July. Get more information about the booktube-a-thon by watching the featured video :)

So, anyway, if you already know what the booktube-a-thon is, or if you've watched the video, here is my TBR for the 7 challenges of booktube-a-thon :) Disclaimer: I might not be able to read all of these, or I might change my mind in the middle of the read-a-thon, but for now these are the book I want to read by then.

1/ Read a book with a person on the cover.
For this challenge, I'm going to try and read either By Your Side by Kasie West or PS: I Like You by Kasie West, simply because I'm in the mood for a cute contemporary and both of them have people on the cover.

2/ Read a hyped book.
For this, I'll be attempting to read A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. It might not be the most hyped book ever, but I've seen a lot of booktubers and bookbloggers saying it's an amazing book.

3/ Finish a book in one day.

I'm going to try and finish The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket, which is the second book in the "A Series of Unfortunate Events" series. I chose this book because it's really short, and I recently read the first book in this series so it will be perfect for this challenge :)

4/ Read about a character that is very different from you.
Since this challenge is about reading about a character that is different from you in any way (ex. it can be a character with a different ethnic background, a different gender, a different age etc.) I thought I could choose basically any book, so I chose Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, since I know it's about a girl with the power to kill anyone she touches, and I don't have this Power - for sure xD

5/ Finish a book completely outdoors.
This challenge is probably the hardest one for me, so for this one I'm going to TRY and read You Know Me Well by Nina Lacour and David Levithan, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to and if I don't manage doing that, my plan is to read The Reptile Room outside and try and finish it outside in one day. If I don't manage to finish You Know Me Well outside, I will push it to the seventh challenge, and read 2 books for the 7th challenge. (So basically The Reptile Room will complete 2 challenges.)

6/ Read a book you bought because of the cover.
I will try and finish reading A Thousand Nights by E.K Johnston. I didn't entirely buy this book because of the cover (or so I keep telling myself) but I certainly picked it up because of the cover. After I saw the cover I read the synopsis and it interested me, so I keep telling myself the nice cover was just a bonus xD

7/ Read seven books.
To complete the seventh challenge, I don't really have a specific book I want to read, since I like to keep my options unlimited, but we'll see which book I chose after the booktube-a-thon :) Other than that, I will read You Know Me Well for this challenge as well as Another book to complete this challenge if I don't manage to read You Know Me Well on the 5th challenge.

So that's basically my (hopefully) finalized TBR for this years booktube-a-thon. Here's a quick recap of the books I chose:

  • By Your Side OR PS: I Like You  (both by Kasie West)
  • A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
  • The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket
  • Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
  • You Know Me Well by Nina Lacour and David Levithan
  • A Thousand Nights by E.K Johnston
Hopefully you can get some inspiration to which books you want to chose from this :)

PS: I've been working on some book-reviews lately, and I hope I can publish them for you guys soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag

It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

5 Summer Releases: Most Anticipated Books