BookTube-A-Thon 2017 Wrap-Up!

So... BookTube-A-Thon has been over for like two weeks... This update is REALLY late but atleast I'm doing it! Anyway, I've been quite busy, and that's why it's so late...

I read 10 books during this week but the annyoing thing is that I only managed to get 6/7 of the challenges... I read most of the books that were on my TBR for the week, but I changed quite a few books on my TBR like I said I probably wood. For example I didn't read You Know Me Well by Nina Lacour and David Levithan. I also didn't finish A Thousand Nights by E.K Johnston, although I did start that one.

Here are all the books that I managed to read this BTAT17:
-Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
-A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
-The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket
-Slammed by Colleen Hoover
-By Your Side by Kasie West
-Legend: The Graphic Novel by Marie Lu, Kaari & Leigh Dragoon
-Prodigy: The Graphic Novel by Marie Lu, Kaari & Leigh Dragoon
-Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier
-Lumberjanes Vol. 1 by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Shannon Watters, Maarta Laiho & Brooke A. Allen.
-Lumberjanes Vol. 2 by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Shannon Watters, Maarta Laiho & Brooke A. Allen.

1/ Read a book with a person on the cover.
A lot of the books I read can make it for this challenge, so the following books complete this challenge:
  •  Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
  • By Your Side by Kasie West
  • Legend: The Graphic Novel by Marie Lu, Kaari & Leigh Dragoon
  • Prodigy: The Graphic Novel by Marie Lu, Kaari & Leigh Dragoon
  • Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier
  • Lumberjanes Vol. 1 by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Shannon Watters, Maarta Laiho & Brooke A. Allen.
  • Lumberjanes Vol. 2 by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Shannon Watters, Maarta Laiho & Brooke A. Allen.
2/ Read a hyped book.
For this I chose (just like I had said I would) to read A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness which is a pretty popular book. It may not be extremely hyped, but it's pretty hyped by booktubers such as Jesse George from Jessethereader. For this challenge I could also count Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.

3/ Finish a book in one day.

All the graphic novels I read during the BookTube-A-Thon can count for this challenge, since I finished them not only in one day but in a really short period of time, like maybe an hour or less. Anyway, I randomly chose Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier to represent this challenge

4/ Read about a character that is very different from you.
Since this challenge is about reading about a character that is different from you in any way (ex. it can be a character with a different ethnic background, a different gender, a different age etc.) I thought I could choose basically any book, so I chose Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, since I know it's about a girl with the power to kill anyone she touches, and I don't have this power - for sure xD

5/ Finish a book completely outdoors.
My intention was to read You Know Me Well by Nina Lacour and David Levithan for this challenge, but in the end I really didn't feel like Reading that book (I still don't do and now I've decided I probably won't read it at all) so instead I read The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket for this challenge.

6/ Read a book you bought because of the cover.
This was the challenge I failed to complete... I'm still proud of reading so many books so it doesn't matter so much that I didn't complete one challenge.


7/ Read seven books.
Since I read 10 books, this challenge is easily ticked off :)

All in all, I'm proud of myself for reading so much and I believe that this BTAT was very successful for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag

It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

5 Summer Releases: Most Anticipated Books